Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Week 16, Day 3

Man, what a walk I had today! Altogether I walked 5 1/2 miles, but in two sections. I started out at something like 4:30 from Brian's house. I was going to walk to Zilker Elem to meet Mom and Dad with Hannah. But they didn't make it. About the time I got to the park they called and said to meet them at the restaurant, the other direction. So I turned around and went back. At Brian's I hesitated. It was drizzling a little, but I would have to pay for parking if I drove down. I decided that I could make the 3/4 mile in time and ride back with Mom and Dad. Just incase I grabbed the umbrella. A few minutes later the bottom dropped out. Or maybe the side. The rain was coming hard and sideways, so much that I held the umbrella directly in front of me instead of over me. I was beyond drenched. (I ended up being "forced" to buy new clothes). It turns out I walked just over 4 miles, 1/2 of it in a hard downpour. Squish, squish.

Then, after Hannah went to bed, Mom and I noticed how wonderfully cool it felt outside and walked 1 1/2 mi in the neighborhood. So 5 1/2! Go me! I feel fabulous! (And no blisters!)

I didn't drink a lot of water while walking either time, but I did drink quite a bit after.

I have 9 coffee cans to decorate and distribute to collect money. I also put a box out in both buildings at the day care asking people to give me their cans. I got quite a few - probably 12 or 15, from the day care today. Then I picked up cans along the road as I walked on Robert E Lee and Bluebonnet. I ended up with a kitchen size garbage bag of uncrushed cans! Great start!

No comments: