Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Week 16, Day 2

Mom and I walked the street behind my house today with Hannah in the jogging stroller. We got in 2 1/2 miles before Hannah had enough and we had to stop. I drank a Gatorade type drink while we walked and a big glass of water when we got back to the house. And guess what? No blisters!


I have my first few fundraising ideas. If anyone wants to help with any of these in any way just say the word.

* collect and recycle cans - I'm going to put a container at the day care, save my own and my parents cans, and a coworker asked her friend who work at a bar that serves some drinks in cans if she would save them as well. Got can? I'll take 'em!
* penny cans - I'm going to put cans at several places, mostly convenience stores, asking people for their pare change.
* garage sale - it's looking like August 9 will be my big day. All the proceeds will go directly to my $2200, so if you have anything you just want to get rid of and think I can sell I'll take it. Right now mostly what I have is old Hannah stuff, a few pieces of old furniture, and some random electronics. Gotta go thru my clothes and such as well. 

With my team
* Cafe Press store - we are going to come up with a team logo and sell tshirts sporting it.
* Benefit/Silent Auction - I don't know a whole lot about this besides that it's going to be at Okie Dokies in Beaumont and probably in late August or early September.
* Pink bracelets (a la Livestrong yellow ones) - we are going to order some and give them to anyone who make a donation of any amount.

Got fundraising ideas? let me know please!

No comments: