Sunday, September 7, 2008

Week 10, Day 7

12.2 miles! I walked in the neighborhood today and got in 12.2 miles! I'm quite proud. My feet are killing me and my legs are pretty sore, but I still feel good. I've figured out that with stopping for the bathroom and to refill my water I go about 3 miles per hour. And I have to have a bathroom break about every hour or so. My Camelbak lasts me about 2-2 1/2 hours.

I'm wondering though, how much is too much water? Maybe I need to not over do it? I'm not sure. Have to check on that.

And, I have blisters on the soles of my feet. Nothing horrible, mostly just weird. Never had blisters there!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Awesome! Your training posts make me wish I was training for something other than popping out this baby. Way to be an inspiration!

I've never done the 3 day 60 miler but I have done other races. My walk/running group has good advice for water. Drink 3 liters a day, every day. Carry water with you and drink to thirst. If you're going for more than an hour, hour and a half, take supplements with you. Supplements can be the liquid/gel carbs that running stores carry, snack sized ziplocs of gummy bears, fig newtons, boiled & heavily salted cubed potatoes, etc. Basically anything that replenishes your carbs. After a good 60-90 min of continual exercise you'll have used all you had stored.